EUCIS-LLL welcomes the Recommendation on Validation of non-formal and informal learning
The Council reached political agreement regarding a recommendation on the validation of non-formal and informal learning in November 2012. It invites member states to put in place arrangements for validating these types of learning no later than 2018 – in accordance with national circumstances and specificities – and seeks to define which principles and components should be taken into account for a validation process to be effective.
The validation of non-formal and informal learning is a concrete instrument to tackle rising unemployment and achieve a better match between jobs and skills by acknowledging those acquired outside of the formal education system. It also gives opportunities for second chances, improves access to education, fosters social inclusion as well as enhances motivation to learn. EUCIS-LLL welcomes the initiative.
- EUCIS-LLL press release on EU Recommendation on VNFIL (28 September 2012)
- The Commission’s proposal for a Recommendation on VNFIL (5 September 2012)
- Council Recommendation on VNFIL (26-27 November 2012)
- EUCIS-LLL first LLL Magazine on VNFIL (June 2012)
- General report on EUCIS-LLL Seminar on VNFIL (December 2011)