Policy Debate “Validation of learning outcomes: threats and opportunities for non-formal education” / Why this debate?
The recognition and validation of non-formal and informal learning are an important asset not only to employability and career development, but also to give formal value to personal development, and is therefore a great tool for social inclusion. Nonetheless, the competences acquired through non-formal education and volunteering are rarely recognised by educational institutions and employers; there is therefore a real need to raise awareness about their value and to build the missing bridges between formal education and non-formal education and the labour market.
Read more about the issue:
- Council Recommendation on VNIL, 2012
- European Economic and Social Committee opinion
- Cedefop Guidelines on VNIL
- EUCIS-LLL position paper on validation, July 2015
- Building Learning Societies publications and website
Share your own initiatives with us!