Call for submissions – eLearning papers issue on MOOCs and Beyond
eLearning Papers is currently welcoming submissions which address the challenges and future of Massive Open Online Courses, a trend in education that has skyrocketed since 2008. Issue 33, MOOCs and Beyond, seeks to both generate debate, and coalesce a variety of critical perspectives into a fruitful body of research.
Suggested focus areas:
- Experiences speaking to the design, implementation or assessment of a MOOC.
- Empirical evaluation of MOOCs.
- The impact of MOOCs within Higher Education.
- Learning analytics and MOOCs.
- Peer-to-peer learning and MOOCs.
- Analyses of the impact and reach of MOOCs – considering course completion, global recognition.
- Challenging the MOOC concept: how “massive” is massive, how “open” is open?
- Possible MOOC off-line elements. Should we be talking about MOOLEs (Massive Open Online Learning Environments) and MOOLCs (Massive Open Online Learning Communities) instead?
- Design patterns and principles of MOOCs.
Read the full Call for Submissions – MOOCs .
Deadline: April 8th 2013.