Lifelong Learning Week 2013
With the support of MEP Emer Costello (S&D, IE)
This year, the Week had a particular focus on the upcoming European Elections of Spring 2014. At this occasion EUCIS-LLL launched its Manifesto for the European elections and many events took place in order to provide ideas on how to modernise education and training systems in Europe.
Civil Society Meeting Place
EUCIS-LLL members had stands from 2 to 6 December at the European Parliament. Animations and other activities were organised during the whole week.
The 10 finalists pictures of EUCIS-LLL contest on “The Future of Learning: Unlocking each and everyone’s unique potential” were exhibited at the European Parliament and the winners of each category were awarded during the opening reception. Check the leaflet and look at the gallery!
EUCIS-LLL and its members organised several events during the LLL Week in order to raise awareness on Lifelong Learning in Europe with a particular focus on the upcoming European elections in 2014.
A key moment during the Week was the launch and discussion of EUCIS-LLL Manifesto for the European elections with representatives of the main political groups at the round table that took place on Tuesday 3rd.
OECD’s survey on Adult Learning (PIAAC), validation of Non-Formal learning and mobility, european civic education, … are some of the other key topics that were discussed during the LLL Week.
For an overview of all events that took place during the week, have a look at the LLL Week calendar 2013.
/// Tuesday 3 December
- 9:30-12:45 Round table on EUCIS-LLL Manifesto “Building together the future of Learning”
- 12:45-13:00 EFIL Flash Mob ”We are European Citizens!” at the esplanade of the European Parliament
- 15:15-17:15 EAEA Policy debate – PIAAC: What does it mean for Adult Learning?
- 18:30-20:30 Cocktail reception LLL Week 2013, ASP building, 5th Floor, Zone G.
/// Wednesday 4 December
- 9:00-12:00 EUCIS-LLL and European Civic Forum Seminar “Making the case of European Civic Education” hosted by MEP Renate Weber (ALDE, RO)
/// Thursday 5 December
- 10:00-12:00 Europemobility workshop on Validation of non-formal and informal learning in mobility context
- 12:00-15:00 EUCIS-LLL Seminar on “Measuring progress in Lifelong Learning”
- 14:30-16:30 effe‘s policy discussion “School-Enterprise/Univeristy: Innovative partnerships in dialogue with politicians“
/// Friday 6 December
- 13:00-19:00 EPA conference 2013: Challenges and Opportunities for Organised Parents in the future of Europe
Make the buzz on twitter! #LLLWeek
Browse all the past Lifelong Learning Week