European Education and Training Forum 2012
The “European Education and Training Forum” is the new version of former “Stakeholders’ Forums”. It is now open to all stakeholders and is led by DG EAC. The first edition took place on 18th and 19th of October 2012 in Brussels. 350 participants gathered to discuss EU policies about education and training. EUCIS-LLL and its members’ objective was to contribute to the debate by bringing in the perspective of civil society. The aim of the Forum was to mobilise stakeholders and policy makers to modernise education and training systems through national and EU policies and instruments in order to enhance growth and jobs. This year’s Forum had e a double focus on:
1) education and training aspects of Europe 2020
2) the future Erasmus for All programme
The outcome will provide input for the November Council Conclusions on Europe 2020 and for the implementation of Erasmus for All.
EUCIS-LLL prepared an online consultation of more than 2000 stakeholders’ organisations prior to the Forum.
- See the Background note for the European Education, Training and Youth Forum 2012
- Official programme of the European Education, Training and Youth Forum 2012
- Results of the online consultation prior to the Forum:
- EUCIS-LLL Communiqué prior to the Forum
- The plenary sessions of the Forum can be watched again on the web stream.
- After the Forum: 2012-11-15-PR-EUCIS-LLL-Will_the_Council_listen_to_civil_society
Find pictures of the event on your Facebook page.
Browse all the past E&T forums